First National Bank is Dedicated to Protecting our Customers From Fraud.
We have recently received confirmation that Michaels (arts and crafts retailer) and Aaron Brothers Stores were hit by a data breach potentially compromising debit and credit card information. The breach time frame for Michaels is 5/8/2013 thru 1/27/14 and for Aaron Brothers 6/26/13 thru 2/7/14. According to Michaels the breached systems contained certain card payment information such as payment card numbers and expiration dates for its customers. There is no evidence that other customer personal information such as name, address or PINís were at risk.
At this time, we have not received a listing of the compromised cards. Therefore, if you recall using your card at one of these stores during the noted timeframes and would like to get a new card issued, please call our office and request one.
Windows XP to Windows 7 Conversion for ATM Machines
The news media has been warning people about using ATMs that are still using the Windows XP operating system. As most of you are probably aware Microsoft has stopped supporting upgrades and software patches for XP as of April 8, 2014.
Currently we are in the process of upgrading to the new WIN7 software. The software has just become available and we are working with the ATM vendors to complete the upgrades.
You can rest easy using First National Bank ATMs knowing:
- The ATM is on a closed secure network.
- The XP operating system has virus protection built around it by the ATM application.
- Data is encrypted through secure algorithms.
- ATM providers and networks are monitoring fraud trends and attempts.
With your card, note the following advantages:
- Real-time processing of withdrawals and purchases.
- Midnight-to-midnight, 24-hour timeframe for limits and auto resets.
- Convenient PIN change process.
- Convenient worldwide access to thousands of ATM's.
- Debit Mastercard offers enhanced value shopper benefits (ask for brochure at your local branch)
There is no phone number to activate your card. You will activate the card by doing a PIN based transaction using the PIN number you will be receiving. There is a sticker on the card that will give these instructions.
TO REPORT LOST OR STOLEN ATM/DEBIT CARD
Hot Card Lost Stolen Services
After banking hours, call 1-866-546-8273.
FIND AN ATM
To find the First National Bank ATM that is nearest to you, click here or visit the ATM Locations page.